Baby Pending

pregnancy

Thursday, August 11, 2005

I heart Ginger Ale

I have a new found appreciation LOVE of Ginger Ale. I read on a mommy message board that Ginger Ale helps morning sickness. It seemed a little far fetched to me. However, after a few weeks of queasy, yuckiness I was desperate. Everything else I've read is all stay away from soda and sweets, but really what could it hurt. So I had Jay pick some up for me. Now maybe it was just a coincidence, but since that night I've been feeling better. I'm not great and I still have my moments, but the Ginger Ale even seems to help out in those bad moments. I guess it takes another mommy to give you the real dirt sometimes.
So hooray for Ginger Ale!!!

5 Comments:

  • Yeah man! How did you not know about the sweet goodness of ginger ale? Mrs. S... did you not give Jen ginger ale when she was little and had tummy problems? A

    hhhh... ginger ale is very much a comfort drink for me because of that. I HEART GINGER ALE. Now, ginger anything else... GAG. HURL.

    By Blogger Erin, at 1:53 PM  

  • I liked Sprite when I was sick.

    By Blogger Periwinkle Jen, at 2:04 PM  

  • Erin, Jen was a very, shall we say SPECIFIC child. She knew what she wanted and would accept NOTHING else. Pretty red plaid dress? 18-month-old Jen didn't like red plaid--would NOT wear it. Period. There were those who said I should force her, but I didn't see the point. If I was going to fight with her, I wanted it to be over something IMPORTANT. She wanted Sprite (not 7-up) when she was sick, why not? Daddy liked Ginger Ale, so it was available... but I am glad she has found it will help her now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

  • I have said on several occasions that ginger ale is the sweet, sweet nectar of pregnant goddesses! Now those ginger snaps...blechy!

    By Blogger snarflemarfle, at 4:26 PM  

  • i heart ginger ale, too!!! it's the best! carrie-jen, you can also try my mom and my concoction of about 1/2 pineapple juice and 1/2 ginger ale (with or without a shot of OJ). it's tasty, and we drink it all the time when we're feeling sick. of course, i wouldn't know how it will affect the pregnancy-related sicknesses-- that will remain to be seen...

    we also find that pickled ginger (like you get with sushi) is good for nausea.

    and andrew swears that they taught him in class that having nauseated patients take a whiff of rubbing alcohol does the trick. (he uses the rip-open pads).

    hope something helps! love from your "sis"

    (i forgot my password and it said it would email it to me, but it's been about 20 mins!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home